Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Thrifted Adventure

Hey gang

While I'm in the middle of coming up with some truly cutting edge looks and all the amazing advice that goes along with it, I thought I would entertain you all with a story that happened to me not too long ago...

Ahem...

So this one time at my worshiping ground (VV,) I was having what I thought was a simple splurge...
 
How wrong was I?  You'll find out.

There I was, in the dressing room, filled with hope and wonder about the finds I had... found....


I tried on dress after dress and only found a few items I really like.

It's the last item of that run, was a long floral silk dress with sleeves I thought I could do something with but alas, nopers. Although it was kind of cute, it was far too tight
Not in a "good way" perverts
I attempted to take the dress off over my head but as soon as it reached my shoulders...

I got stuck.

I was trapped, capurted, SNARED I SAY! By this stupid, stupid, playboy mansion bedsheet!

I pulled and tugged at this thing for what felt like forever, my manly shoulders just wouldn't give!

I had to face it...

I needed help of the outside world.

I stepped out of my dressing room most likely looking like this..

SAVE ME FROM MY CHOICES!
 Just my luck, no one was too be found and the thought of running across a football field of a store did not appeal to me whatsoever.

 There I stood. Defeated and still chained. What on earth did I ever see in this awful dress anyways?!

I went back in my dressing room and faced myself in the mirror

 I had but one choice

AAAAAAAHH!!
I grabbed the bloody thing and ripped it off myself with a mighty force no dress could withstand.

I tore it off and had to pay the price

14.99

UUUUUCCCCKKK
 I took what little dignity I had left, got dressed and went to the front till with my terrible decisions and other cute finds.

When I got there, the cashier looked at me with confused look on her face
"Oh, honey, this is all ripped, are you sure you want to buy it?"

"I tore it off my person ma'am, it's my responsibility to pay for it,"

She laughed at me, I laughed awkwardly

The end.

Well it's been fun, sharing with you my tragedy. Au revoir sweet children of mine and remember: sometimes embarrassing stories can be justified if you right a blog about it later

-Marlaena a.k.a The Poor Little Thrift Girl

1 comment:

  1. So been there before!!! I managed to get it off...after taking my bra off in the goodwill change room....

    ReplyDelete