Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A thrifty inspiration: I love to singa

I think this outfit just proves that leopard print and awesome colors make everything better.

The same goes for bows.

  Adorable? Yes. Hungry? Always. Financially responsible? Nuh uh.  
Today's look includes a most wonderful hand-me down leopard print scarf from my mother, a coffee colored mini blazer from vv, hand-me down dress from, once again, dear old mama, azure stockings  and vintage cadet grey pointed kitten heels from decadence (vintage store on whyte.)

It's somewhat inspired from the 1936 Tex Avery cartoon I Love To Singa, in which an Al Jolson-esque owl or "Owl Jolson" as he's called, is the disappointment to his uptight, classical music playing, owl family since he wants to sing jazz (we all know that's the devil's music.)

A song and dance maverick.
This leads me to my first thrift tip!

*See the potential in everything.
 
To be perfectly honest, when I first got this scarf I had no idea what to do with it the only thing I knew was I loved material. So with a little mirror consulting and constant experimenting, I came up with a look I truly love! The tip is to look for patterns and textures first and worry about the other junk like sizing and prices later.
 
Nonchalant at it's absolute best.
 
 Let everything inspire you! You can wear whatever you want! If you want to work an 8 hour shift as a singing and dancing cartoon owl, by all means go ahead!

Now that I have brought you to tears with my words, lets share some laughs with the actual clip


Ta-ta my pretties! Keep treasure hunting and remember: Whatever suits your boots!


-Marlaena a.k.a The Poor Little Thrift Girl

Hollywood... hollywood kiiiid...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment