Sunday, December 18, 2011

What exactly DOES love got to do with it?

Today I'd like to talk a little about the value of clothing and what it means to me.

You see ladies and germs, while antiquing with my darling friend Kristina, I noticed this gorgeous little number right here:

Humina humina humina....
Needless to say, it was love at first sight.

However, as much as you love something, there are a few things you need to examine.

1. How much is it worth to me?

When I first looked at this coat without knowing the price, I thought to myself "since I'm still Christmas shopping and the sleeves are just a little too short, I would be over the top in love with this coat (since it's vintage and good condition,) for let's say $85"

Unfortunately, it was this
Boooooooooo.....
Now I know what you're thinking, "Marlaena, this is quite reasonable for a coat this fabulous"

I reply "yes, for giant wine gobleted yuppies who would have no interest in this coat and rich kids who pay good money to look poor,"

Like it says in the banner: I'm broke (although it is oke')

The simple fact is, you should only pay as much as the item is worth to you.  To me, a white tank top is not worth $25 at garage, it's worth $4 at VV.

Although, we do have something else to consider

2. Does it look fucking awesome?!?!

YES.
Crud....
This is when shit get's real.

I truly love this coat, however, at least for right now,  it's not worth the money.
Whatever you do.... don't cry out loud....

But wait!

I have also decided that if I'm still thinking about this coat after Christmas (which isn't a crazy possibility considering the fact that I'm writing this post two days after the event,) I will most likely cave and make a purchase.

It's like the old saying goes:

But it's soooooooo cute!

And hey, if it's not there, then it wasn't in the stars and it will simply be the coat that got away.

Also! My outfit that day was entitled:

Walking Indian fusion restaurant decor...

Man I feel like butter chicken


Til' next time sweeties! And remember: You only pay what it's worth to you!



-Marlaena a.k.a The Poor Little Thrift Girl

Mama like...

No comments:

Post a Comment