Sunday, January 8, 2012

It ain't easy being green.. (There I said it!)

Dying my hair a wicked color has been on my bucket list since December. Green was one of the first colors that came to mind and I thought

Why not?
 Hair is just hair. If I totally hate it, I can get it fixed no problem

It happened very spur of the moment when I impulsively bought the supplies and dropped by my friend's house uninvited.
 Needless to say, we got busy.
.
Makeover! 
 From just your average garbage bloomer wearing brunette...
lovely....

To a wicked blondish green person pretending to be a punk

RIGHT ON.

Ok, so it didn't turn out perfectly.

I still kind of dig it.

The "cool" one.
The one problem is that the bleach most definitely fried my hair and there is only so much that pantene pro-v conditioner can do.

Like I said before, I dig it, so I'm going to keep for about a week.

And yes, most people think it's a 'going blond' attempt gone horribly wrong.

I sported this hair with a more elegant look at my gig at Cha Island Tea.
You can't tell where my hair ends and the wall begins!
The dress is from divine and the shrug is form a clothing swap.

A songstress at her finest. 


I'm going to call this look "Alien blond hippie fairy."


I guess the point is to just go for it sometimes.

Ta-ta lovelies and remember: going green includes a lot more peroxide than one would hope for.

-Marlaena a.k.a The Poor Little Thrift Girl

P.s. Blue... you're next...



1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh Marlaena the hair is beautiful but STOP. Pantene Pro-v is wrecking your hair! March your little butt down the ave to Aveda or Lush and have someone there help you pick out a good shampoo, conditioner, and leave in conditioner. It will cure you!
    Other than that, I love your blog very much but always forget to check it since I'm a tumblr gal not a blogger one.
    I should introduce you to my best friend [and her closet!] when she gets back from Italy! You're probably the 2 most fashionable people I know.
    Katrina (:

    ReplyDelete