Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Let's Thrift It! : A night on the town.

Is it possible to thrift a fabulous evening look?

Fuck yes.

The proof is below.

I spent the evening by myself at Wunderbar, drinking a tall glass of ice water, reading vue weekly and enjoying some local stand up comedy. I know what most of you are thinking, "Marlaena, who gives rat's ass?" I reply "How rude."

Why yes I am getting into public speaking
Though my "night on the town" wasn't as glamorous as others, it was still fun, cheap and damn I looked fab. When in doubt, killer vintage dress and simple cardigan. If you're feeling super rad, shit load of bangles and leopard print scarf.

Seductive? No. Fashionable? Quite. Grocery shopping? Something I have to to do.
A vintage dress- no wait, a BLACK vintage dress- no wait....

A black and gold floral vintage dress, is a staple in every woman's wardrobe.
(k, that might be pushing it)

You get the point, if you don't already have a vintage cocktail dress, take the time to find one.
It'll fit you like a glove, you won't ever show up wearing the same thing as someone else and it's something you can truly treasure. 

The cardigan you can hunt for at VV. Shouldn't be that hard.

Anywho, my pretties, though this post was short I believe I made my point.

Au revoir, dear ones and remember, you can thrift a great evening look without looking like a lady of the evening

-Marlaena a.k.a The Poor Little Thrift Girl


P.s. I've started straightening my hair and it makes me look like a bitch (in a good way)

Hoorah for bitch hair!
Don't bring this one home to ma'


No comments:

Post a Comment