Friday, January 13, 2012

Let's Thrift It! : The 80's (wait a second....)

"The 80's? Seriously, Marlaena? This isn't 2005, get with it!"

Okie doke there psycho.

Yes, the 80's. Yikes.

 Everyone now is moving on to the 90's and I'm definitely all for it, (I've been resurrecting my mom's old Dr. Martens for goodness sake!) Perhaps it's the pukey fluorescent hair or just all the Psychedelic Furs I've been listening to, I've been in an 80's vibe this week.

My beloved VV boutique is jam packed with crap from this beautifully twisted era and instead of fighting and trying to find as much newish stuff as we can, we accept (I apologize to those I offend, but have you seen some of the shit that's come out of that decade? Wowzers.)


Now since we can't show up to work looking like this...

Bless you, Cyndi.
...God knows I want to, all we have to do is simply, simplify and modernize!

Below you'll find a perfect example.
What a totally tubular look!
We have a pink graphic tee from divine, royal blue belt from vv, and the skirt is from the clothing swap I just hosted!

What we have here is what I like to call, "the well organized 80's color scheme." While there is a hefty amount of color, it's fairly easy to comprehend while the shape of the look is a less exaggerated version of the figures we saw hitting the runways in 1988.

Woah, that was a lot of fashion mumbo jumbo, even for me

Let's dumb it down a bit

Hmm.....

OMG!!!LYKE SOOO KEWT/HAWT!!!!
(man this generation loves K's and W's)
Yes, Kewl and Hawt is right..... jackass...
As much as I tried to fake my way into making a point out of this post, the truth is, there really isn't

I just wanted a reason to post this wicked outfit.

SUCKA!!!

Bye for now lovelies and remember: You can simplify any era and you can jack up a really useless post.


-Marlaena a.k.a The Poor Little Thrift Girl

YES!




1 comment:

  1. I'm so pleased I've just found your blog - this is one of the most entertaining posts I've seen in a while!

    Love that skirt <3

    ReplyDelete