Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sometimes you just got to swap it up.

Sometimes, you really like getting things for free, better yet, clothing for free.

Why not your friend's old treasures?

Have yourself a clothing swap!

I hosted myself a charming lil' get together of some of the finest and most fashionable ladies in Edmonton. There was food, there was stale drink, there was laughter had by all!

Charming
Laid out oh so elegantly, like a well orangized dumpster.
Even my refreshments were thrifted! The wine was left over from my Christmas party, the pasta was "borrowed" from my parents and the oreo's and ritz crackers were found in a bargain bin at my local Shop-Easy!

Once the mood was set and the attractive people had arrived, the hunting began!

First pick!
Why did I post a pic of my gal pal pulling down her pants? Because I'm such a good friend.
Once we all had a good look, it was time to get creative

...and spiffy. Real spiffy.

Up first, we have Miss Hannah Brown who titled her look
"Nerd Pimp"
Catchphrase: "If you wanna role play, come this way,"
Rock on babe

Next we have a lovely little lady who had a LOT of fun with this look
Shona calls this..
"Nature Ballerina Teacher at Waldorf"
She's a real special lady...
Kristina came up with a truly unique look worthy of Bjork.
"80's Fish Mother"
Super pretty.
I'm not gonna lie, I actually like my look. So I'm simply calling it.
"Advanced"
I can pull off anything *punched in the face*
And the glamor didn't stop there!

This is what we call "the Sally Rand factor"
A seductress and a highlighter haired lady jesus
My favorite photo of the night?
Kristina's interpretation of the indestructible Lady Ga-Ga
Her coach, Tyra, taught her well.
I highly recommend throwing together one of these shindigs. You get free stuff and if you don't, you can get intoxicated and slip into a most wonderful food coma. There is literally no reason to complain!

I thank all those who made it out and I curse and banish the ones who didn't.
(I kid, I kid.)

Fair well for now wenches of style and remember: Food and free are two of greatest four letter F words! (They sooth the lack of the best four letter F-Word) Who wrote that?!

-Marlaena a.k.a The Poor Little Thrift Girl

My co-host for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment